Spirometry Training Working Group
The PATS Spirometry Working Group was founded in 2016 with the aim of creating African specific spirometry training materials and support for the facilitation of spirometry courses across Africa. The group has worked to increase knowledge and awareness of spirometry on the continent through the:
- PATS accredited Certificate of Competence in Foundational Spirometry Training Course
- PATS accredited Certificate of Competence in Spirometry Data Review Short Course
- PATS Spirometry Train the Trainer Programme
- PATS Spirometry Equipment Loan for young researchers
- PATS Support and mentorship for those new to spirometry
We would like to acknowledge the individuals and funding bodies that have made our progress in this area possible and for touching countless lives in the process:
European Respiratory Society /European Lung Foundation for an initial donation of spirometry equipment which has enabled us to facilitate the practical aspects of training as well as loan equipment to young African researchers.
European Respiratory Society for 1 year of funding to get the project started.
We thank the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine hosted NIHR Global Health Research Unit on Lung Health and TB in Africa (IMPALA) and the MRC GCRF-funded Lung Health in Africa across the life course (LULI) projects and the Queen Mary University of London hosted NIHR Global Health Research Unit on Achieving Asthma Control in African Children (ACACIA) project for helping to make this progress possible.
View the working group's resources/publications below: