African Paediatric Lung Function
An African Infant and Preschool Lung Function Working Group has recently been established by several healthcare practitioners. The group is open to all colleagues across Africa who are working in this area. The main aims of the group are to:
- Connect those working in paediatric and infant lung function to offer a forum for support and discussion.
- Provide a resource of up to date documents that include international and local recommendations and standards; feedback from international and local groups on recent key updates and African paediatric lung function research (published and not).
- Develop regionally relevant standards for infant and preschool lung function.
- Advocate for improved access to cost effective and good quality testing.
- Support research, encouraging collaborations that will strengthen the use of lung function in the prevention, diagnosis and management of lung disease in African children.
View available resources below.